Business and Education Partnerships
We work together with business, institutions of higher education, and community organizations to prepare our students for promising careers in the workforce. We know the importance of actual work experience to our students' future success and, together with our partners, help ensure that Davies graduates have many choices upon graduation.
Levels of Partnership
- Work-Based Learning Partners (WLP): Provide tours, job shadows, and internships.
- Clinical Training Partners (CTP): Provide off-site student training.
- Training Center Partners (TCP): Sponsor on-site training centers, training and equipment.
- Higher Education Partners: Provide post-secondary awareness activities.
To help ensure our training and education standards are up to date, industry professionals also offer their individual expertise by acting as members ("Advisory Board Partners") of each technical program's advisory committees.
Partnerships At A Glance
Partners provide training and education opportunities to our 10 career-related programs, listed below.
- WLP: Allied Auto Parts, Automotive Services & Technology, Blackstone Auto Sales & Body, Inc., Dejana Truck & Utility Equipment, Leer's CARSTAR, LeMyres Collision Center, RI Army National Guard
- TCP: Axalta Coating Systems, CARQUEST, Dejana Truck and Utility Equipment, MIRKA, Walcom USA, North America Branch
- Higher Education: Ben Franklin Institute, Universal Technical Institute, Mass Bay Community College, Maine Central Community College, NE Tech
- WLP: Alexion, Amgen, Pawtucket Water Supply Board, RI Department of Health, Rhode Island Hospital Pathology, Tech Collective, United Water, Warwick Sewer Authority
- Higher Education: CCRI, RI EPSCoR Academy (CCRI), URI Biotech Center
Building & Construction Trades
- WLP: General Dynamics/Electric Boat, RI Builders Association, JLC Live, Mike's Home Improvement, RI Department of Transportation
- Higher Education: CCRI, NE Tech
Cosmetology & Barbering
- WLP: A. Maureen McCarthy Salon, Anchors Barber Shop, Bellisima MUA, Divinity Day Spa, Free Lance MUA & Hairstylist, Gel Essentialz Salon, Lincoln Senior Center, Manville Hair Designs, Matrix, Red Inc. Salon & Color Workshop, Salon Sumptuous, Salon Centrix, St. Mary's Home, Stylz Hair Salon, Zak's Hair Salon
- WLP: American Tele-Connect Services, Amica, General Dynamics/Electric Boat, GH Electrical Services, Home & Commercial Security, Pawtucket Water Supply Board, SimplexGrinnell, W.W. Grainger, Inc.
- Higher Education: Ben Franklin Institute, NE Tech
Graphics & Interactive Media
- WLP: Amica, Barrington Printing, Blackstone Valley Office Systems, CVS Print Operations, Eloquent Images, Meridian Printing, RI Wedding Group, The Allied Group
- Higher Education: Central Maine Community College, NE Tech, RISD
- WLP: CVS, Lepre Physical Therapy, Lifespan/RI Hospital, Lincoln Senior Center, Memorial Hospital, RI DMAT, St. Antoine Residence
- CTP: CVS/Pharmacy
- TCP: CVS/Pharmcy
- Higher Education: Brown University Medical School, NE Tech
Hospitality Careers (Culinary Arts; Baking)
- WLP: A&J Bakery, ARAMARK, Generations, Junior Achievement of RI, Lincoln Senior Center, RI Hospitality Association
- Higher Education: Culinary Institute of America, Johnson & Wales University, Lincoln Culinary Institute, New England Culinary Institute
- WLP: A.T. Wall, Blow Molded Specialties, D&B MACHINING, INC., General Dynamics/Electric Boat, Greystone, Guill Tool, Jade Engineered Plastics, microPEP, Herff Jones, RI Carbide, Tiffany & Company, Whittet-Higgins
- Higher Education: CCRI, NE Tech
- WLP: General Dynamics/Electric Boat, Greystone, Lighthouse Computer Services, Sensata Corporation, V-Tron Electronics, Corp. Yushin America, Inc.
- Higher Education: NE Tech, Johnson & Wales University